Saturday, April 24, 2010

Astrological Signs

A lot of people race to the horoscope section to find out what the stars have in mind for them. While astrology makes life fun, it’s vague and generic. So many people find truth in their horoscopes because all horoscopes contain elements of personality and behavior. Most people will be able to find something that relates to their lives, or something to identify with, in their zodiac personality or horoscope because it’s all generic.

My hairdresser in Madrid liked to make idle chat with me and during a conversation about my boyfriend at the time, asked me what his zodiac sign was. Because I’m not great with astrology, I mistakenly told him the wrong sign. He grabbed onto it as explanation for all of the phenomena of my boyfriend’s personality and behavior, as well as our relationship. I told my boyfriend that night about the amazing coincidence, that his zodiac sign coincided perfectly with his personality. He started laughing and let me know about my zodiac error. The two of us laughed together over the incident and I realized again why so many people rely on astrology. It explains everyone!

If you’re looking for real insight on personality and behavior patterns, I recommend Enneagram. It’s analyzed personality into nine basic types. Each person will likely identify most strongly with one of these nines, and will then have sub-types as well. When I began reading about the various personalities, I realized immediately which type pertained to me.

Unlike astrology and zodiac signs, enneagram is based on observation of human behavior, personality traits and psychology. Once you figure out which personality type you are, enneagram will give you a full report of your personality strengths and weaknesses. You can also find out about what to be aware of in yourself and even begin making changes to improve on your weaknesses. If you find you’re a constant over-achiever, for example, enneagram may help you see where you’re need to always be the best comes from and how to keep it in check so that you don’t go over board.

Many of us consult the zodiac for relationships on advice, which signs are most compatible and what you might expect from a connection with someone according to sign. Enneagram has analyzed all of the potential type combinations for dating and romance, giving us a fuller understanding of how to make our relationships work and how to get along with conflicting personality types.

No comments:

Post a Comment